How the US sanctions and isolates companies and governments: the Entity List
The US's Entity List contains the names of companies, research institutes, individuals and others that the US considers a risk to its economic or national security.
Listed companies are blocked from buying, selling, or lisencing goods or services from American firms. They're also blocked from buying or lisencing anything that contain American-made goods, no matter where it comes from.
Chinese entities include:
- AI startups that specialize in facial and voice recognition, like Hikvision, Megvii, SenseTime and IFLYTEK
- Huawei, the smartphone and telecommunications company
- Supercomputer makers like Sugon and The National Supercomputer Centers in Changsha, Guangzhou and Tianjin
- Sichuan University in Chengdu
- Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Brilliant offers courses in computer science, math, and natural sciences.
Brilliant is made with the loving efforts of lifelong learners from MIT, Caltech, Duke, the University of Chicago, and more.
In school, people are often trained to apply formulas to rote problems. But this traditional approach prevents deeper understanding of concepts, reduces independent critical thinking, and cultivates few useful skills.
Whether you're looking for Computer Science Fundamentals or are ready to learn to write your own Neural Networks, Brilliant has a course for you: